Front counter capabilities
- Fast, rapid checkout of contractors picking up items for the day’s jobs.
- Flexible payment options that include cash, credit card or on-account.
- Retail POS capabilities such as signature capture.
Complex Product Characteristics – Flooring can have many features that must be used to describe items such as size, color, shade, pattern, and more.
- Adequate capability of defining product characteristics.
- Ability to quickly search for characteristics.
Varying Unit of Measure – Flooring can be bought, stocked, sold and picked in different units of measure such as pallets, cartons, sheets, boxes, and eaches.
- Item measures must be flexible and be able to handle many different unit of measures.
- Manage SKU by various unit of measures.
- Handle the unit of measure conversion through the entire fulfillment process.
Manage the importation of product – Many natural products are imported from foreign suppliers. They must be able to:
- Optimize the lading of containers to minimize costs.
- Track containers during the shipping process.
- Account for all shipping costs as “landed costs".
Accessories – Flooring products are almost always accompanied by accessories that are used in the installation of the product.
- Identify related items.
- Provide customer service reps with assistance in selling accessories.
Warehouse Management – Efficient management of stock in the warehouse is critical to customer service and efficient inventory management.
- Integrated Warehouse Management.
- Ability to utilize wireless devices to enhance productivity.